the importance of a quiet corner.

I have been struggling a bit to get back into the swing of things.

The last draft I did here there and everywhere. But I'm finding this last push requires a little more focus. I'm trying now to bring it all together, and it is a fine line between polishing the prose and buffing so hard an important detail is lost.

This writing desk was my grandfathers, and I find it helps. The fact that it is in my parents home makes it awkward, but thankfully they are out on a holiday at the moment so I have the place to myself.

In a strange way it feels right to come back to the nest for the final touches. 

By my next novel, however, I intend to own a log cabin beach retreat.

The desk will look lovely next to the open fireplace.

T.B.

--
Here is the copy of my soul I uploaded to google. Come and say hello. It is fully interactive.

Comments

  1. For me, writing outside the home can be beneficial. No laundry or dishes to do. No phone calls to take. Just me and my lap top. I'll go to my dad's house for that (the home I grew up in) on days he goes in to work. It'll do until I get the beach house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I love the thought of writing in a desk that has so much meaning! Especially when it is in a log cabin on the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts