I think I just finished.

On the auspicious date of 11-11-11, at 11 past 11, I sent draft 11 of my manuscript to my editor.

It has been chopped, polished, proofed and exported. Italics have come and gone, and characters have lost their names only to find them again with a little 'find replace'

My map has been inserted and acknowledgements have been written. Passive voice has been ignored (because rules are made to be re-written) but active voice has at times been toned down (too many doing words can over do it)

As always, much of my action happens as other things also happen. But that is life and I am not Hemingway.

I could change it again I am sure, and I fight the urge even now to reopen Word and take one last peek. But you have to draw the line somewhere.

I didn't write it in a month, but I did finish it in the month of writing novels, so that too, I hope, is a good omen.

Not -- as I said to my editor -- that I believe in magic. 

Well, not much, anyway.

Okay, maybe a little bit.


TB
--
About me.

Comments

  1. This is brilliant news. Wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading posts like this. Congrats & best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting the 11th draft done! I hope your editor has great things to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, congrats. It's always a hell of a feeling to finish a major draft.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts