Review: The Sirens of Titan


The Sirens of Titan
The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



It just doesn't get better than this. Sirens was one of those books that made me look not only at writing, but TMOL (the meaning of life) in a whole new way. That is not to say that TMOL was defined in Vonnegut's masterpiece (I know people will argue that Slaughterhouse is his masterpiece, but I still think Sirens is better) rather that the absurdity and pointless nature of the world has never been better set down in ink. When martian armies are combined with space traveling superstars you know you are reading a unique book. And that is before you even get to the wry social commentary on the population's self imposed handicaps to level the unfairness of those born with too many natural abilities. Read this book now, and then read it again later. In between read it a third time and then you may start to appreciate just how much Vonnegut is saying in what is really quite a slim and concise book. Highly recommended.



View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Vonnegut is one of those authors that I've never got around to reading, although I always intended to. This book has piqued my interest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should! It is a short book -- you'll finish it in a week -- but it will stay with you forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts